The history of Dunsford can be traced back many years. It is mentioned in the Domesday Book in 1086.
St. Marys Church, in the centre of the village, was built circa 1430 but there has been a church on the same site since 1260, if not earlier.
The family of Fulford, currently residing at Fulford House can be traced directly back to William de Fulford in the 12th century whose forebears may well have arrived in England, in the name of Lambert, in 1066 along with William the Conqueror.
The present Francis Fulford is the 25th descendant of William de Fulford and the 29th or 30th direct descendent of Lambert some 900 years ago.