Village of Dunsford, Devon


Edit Page

Council meeting minutes

The Minutes and Agendas of previous meetings are available to download using the links provided below.  The latest sets of minutes are available at the bottom of this page.

Apologies for some of the recent download links; Google are ceasing their goo.gl service.  This will soon be addressed.

2018           Minutes           Agenda
January https://goo.gl/ydM7Hz https://goo.gl/WZqLUC
February       
https://goo.gl/ToaB4Q https://goo.gl/iYbmzC
March  https://goo.gl/TtuZLz https://goo.gl/eS12fS
April https://goo.gl/WQaUhB https://goo.gl/6Gzqd1
May https://goo.gl/iTp7kw https://goo.gl/QRvf1M
Annual Report (May)   https://goo.gl/mfDrZU
June

http://bit.ly/2uPOexz

https://goo.gl/epqcJ3
July http://bit.ly/2Kuwii1 (draft) http://bit.ly/2uA6ufi
August http://bit.ly/2Mnydqi
2017           Minutes
          Agenda
January  

February

https://goo.gl/kT2LvF
March https://goo.gl/md9pD8

April

https://goo.gl/rHUitm
May https://goo.gl/gawqBD
June https://goo.gl/264Hb1
July https://goo.gl/fDKgsG https://goo.gl/7LQUwS

August

https://goo.gl/Ktro5X https://goo.gl/kHHpQK
September https://goo.gl/K2UX1i https://goo.gl/zoWBUf
October https://goo.gl/36uHd9 https://goo.gl/aJGTrs
November https://goo.gl/afnj4P https://goo.gl/wo4qut
December https://goo.gl/kkZXE4 https://goo.gl/gdc57K
Annual Meeting (May)
https://goo.gl/pFW9RK
Chairman's Report (May) https://goo.gl/1umjFY  

2016

          Minutes
          Agenda
January https://goo.gl/7A1K3m                                  

February

https://goo.gl/6Bhi58
March    

April

https://goo.gl/4ymZ9F
May https://goo.gl/aMb5GV
June https://goo.gl/8LSiwm
July https://goo.gl/EgyH1F
August https://goo.gl/sp45wT
September https://goo.gl/pk1pXi
October https://goo.gl/CMv4Wj
November https://goo.gl/xKEfS3
December https://goo.gl/C1nBwq
Annual Meeting (May)
https://goo.gl/3zxdfp  
Chairman's Report (May) https://goo.gl/xdmPa1  
2015           Minutes
          Agenda
January https://goo.gl/KnsV54                                  
February https://goo.gl/jZFkX5
March https://goo.gl/iiL9Eb
April https://goo.gl/1HWYhU
May https://goo.gl/khqiQd
June    
July    
August    
September https://goo.gl/NR7FWX
October https://goo.gl/FDEPXp
November https://goo.gl/neHDuQ
December https://goo.gl/8s5Khi
Annual Report    

 

DUNSFORD PARISH COUNCIL

Clerk to the Council: Lynne Ogden, Moorview, EX67SB. 01392 811236

Minutes of Meeting Held on Tuesday 5th June 2018

PRESENT: J Saunders (Chairman), P French (Vice Chairman), C Radclyffe, R Peake, K Morris, H Phipps, P Hayes and the Clerk, Lynne Ogden. Cllr Brook arrived at the meeting at 8.40 pm  (see report minute item 10)                                                                    

The Council had invited Mr Tony Griffin to speak at the beginning of the meeting, regarding The Teign Valley Museum and Archive Trust and Mrs Liz Robin to update the Council on the Village Defibrillators (Agenda 4.1)

Mr  Tony Griffin was accompanied by Mr Kerry Hawkins and spoke about the background of the Teign Valley History Group. He gave the Councillors a handout about the project of The Teign Valley Museum and Archive Trust and said it would be helpful, if the Council supported the project, to send a letter of support. This could help them to register as a charity to obtain funds in the future. Mr Hawkins showed the Council a document for his property from 19th Century and said it was important that documents like these are not lost. He added that, if anyone knows of any archives from Dunsford that can be contributed when the Trust is up and running, they would be interested. The Chairman said the Council would make it an agenda item next meeting.                        

  1. 1.      Apologies were received and accepted from G Dicker 
  2. 2.    Declaration of Interest Register of Interests:  None
  3. 3.    Minutes  The minutes of the meeting held on May 1st, 2018 had been distributed, were approved and signed. 
  4. 4.      Progress reports

4.1  Update on Village Defibrillators- (Mrs Liz Robin)

Liz Robin gave a handout and spoke about VETS, which is an extension to the provision of the defibrillators. It stands for Volunteer Emergency Telephone System and has been set up to support lone residents and outlying parisioners. If the Council wants, she will organise a meeting of interested people and maybe trial it for a year, at a basic level to start with. She will email more details to the Clerk which can be forwarded to the Councillors. The Chairman said the Council will make it an agenda item at the next meeting.                             ACTION Clerk

4.2  Clerk’s report, to include hours worked. (see attached report)

Having studied the details of the hours worked by the Clerk, the Council decided that the weekly number of hours should be raised to 10 hours a week. They also approved an increase in pay in line with the new National Pay Scale, with effect from 1st April. They instructed the Clerk to amend the Clerk’s contract accordingly and present for signing at the next meeting.                   ACTION Clerk

4.3  To consider and sign a contract for maintenance work on Village Green. (carried over from last meeting) This item is to be carried over again as Cllr Dicker was unable to attend the meeting.

4.4  Three Parish Meeting To discuss and address action points agreed (carried over from last meeting)

Dunsford Parish Council discussed this and would like to suggest the following points to the other Parishes: -

Have three meetings a year, one at each Parish.

If relevant, also have a follow up meeting to address issues raised.   ACTION Clerk

4.5  Country bus service (Cllr French) A commendable report from Suzanne Cosgrave was read out and it was agreed to sign a letter to send to the Company with regard to the 359 bus.                                                                                  ACTION Clerk

4.6  Dog Poo bin at Steps Bridge/DWT contribution- (Cllr French) The Council has received a bill of £423.94 for the emptying of the bin for the last 48 weeks. It is the Council’s responsibility to fund it as they requested that the bin be installed. The Council has agreed to monitor the use of it and see if the number of collections can be cut down. Cllr French has been in touch with DWT to see if they can help with the cost. They have said they are unable to contribute this year but have agreed to contribute 50% of the bill next year.

               ACTION Cllrs to monitor use/ Clerk to contact Teignbridge re  available emptying arrangements.

  1. 5.      Correspondence: -  List of correspondence received by email listed overleaf
  2. 6.      To consider asking Janice Alexander, Rural Housing Enabler to speak to the Council on Affordable Housing. This was discussed and it was decided that the Clerk should invite Janice Alexander to attend the meeting in September to see if she can support us with the ongoing sewerage issues.

ACTION  Cllr French to contact DNP re sewerage issues. Clerk to invite JA to meeting

  1. 7.      To consider giving a grant to Dunsford Parochial Parish Church. It was agreed that the Council would give the Church a grant of £500 towards the upkeep of the grounds, grass cutting.  ACTION  Clerk put on next month’s agenda to pay.
  2. 8.        Finance

8.1  C/A   £10,891.83 as at 21/5/18           BBI/A   £1823.17 as at 9/4/18

8.2  It was agreed to pay the following : --

Penny Clapham for Internal Audit-  £50   chq 001251

Teignbridge District Council- Emptying of dog poo bin 48 weeks @£7.36 a week £423.94  chq 001252

HMRC Tax payment   -  for April,May and June     £170.40 chq 001253

Mr R Sharland for materials to repair Britton Street notice board-  £35.00

(NB No charge for labour)  chq 001254

 Clerk’s Salary   5 weeks - 35 hours - £328.65 Gross pay - £263.45 net chq 001255

DALC   - Training for New Clerk’s course - £30  chq 001256

Payment to Hannah Phipps for cork tiles for Noticeboard - £36.95  chq 001257 Payment to ICO   ref. GDPR      It was agreed that we apply for registration.

8.3  Final Banking Statement    The Clerk presented this to the Council and it was signed by the Chairman. ACTION Clerk                        

9.Village Green Report (Cllr Morris)

Cllr Morris reported that there are some branches and trees that need pruning. Cllr Phipps volunteered to do this.

Some children from Dunsford Academy  attended an opening ceremony for the play area and publicity photos were taken.

    9.1 To consider supporting the purchase of litter bins for the Village Green.

Cllr Morris gave the Council information on different types and costs of litter bins. Some concerns were voiced on the high cost of some of the bins and also whether children should be encouraged to throw away so much rubbish. Further discussion took place and it was agreed that: -  ACTION  Cllr Phipps will help by emptying an agreed bin on a regular basis, Cllr Morris will order the ‘frog bin’ for the young children’s area and the Clerk will see if the Council would provide an extra recycling bin.

10.DNPA, District and County Councillors’ reports

Cllr Brook started his report with points for information: -

Devon County Council now has a Lady Chair – Caroline Chugg.

The Council members have agreed to pay themselves more as their pay has been stagnant since 2009.

He is checking up on the work done on potholes and asked all the Councillors to copy him in whenever they reported one.

There are two budgets available to apply for grants from. Invest in Devon is for capital purchases only. Locality Money can help with lots of different projects. The two forms that should be used are on the website. The Chairman asked if we can claim in retrospect and Cllr Brook said he will ask about this.

Cllr Brook, with Roger Crow, has been involved in a project looking at waste from a local catering company and tracking where the waste ends up. It is hoped to encourage people to think about what they can do and has been an interesting exercise for the company. Chudleigh are having an open day on Recycling.

The Council raised the issue of no longer having a lengthsman and asked if grant money could be used towards the three local parishes sharing the cost of employing one. Cllr Brook said most probably not.

11.To consider the applications for the Casual Vacancy. It was resolved to offer the post to Claire Heard with effect from September, when she will have resided in Dunsford for 12 months, as required. The Council will invite her to attend the July and August meetings as a member of the public.                                                                ACTION Clerk

12. Planning: -  

Applications - 12.1 Track at Old Vicarage Road   DNPA 0220/18 - Parish Council has no objection

Decisions - 12.2 South Lendon Farm 18/00368 FUL Teignbridge-  Grant of Conditional Planning Permission

13.Discuss Council procedural matters relating to accountability, scheduling and contractual agreements. (Cllr Radclyffe)

Cllr Radclyffe said he was happy that the Clerk was addressing  a number of the procedural matters. The Clerk shared some of the contracts/documents in progress. The working calendar of Parish Council exists and will be amended, as needed, to reflect the duties and working roles of the Council. Policies that have been updated recently need to be formally adopted by the Council.

14.Training available-  New Cllrs course 26th June 6.30 to 9pm and Chairmanship 5th July

Cllr French is interested in the Chairmanship course and will let the Clerk know if he is available for this date.                                                                  ACTION Cllr French and Clerk

15. Issues concerning Himalayan balsam (Cllr Radclyffe)

Cllr Radclyffe will contact Devon Wildlife to see if the Council needs to be involved in this issue. Cllr French said he would do some research as well. ACTION Cllrs Radclyffe and French

      16. Matters brought forward by the Chairman (for information only /possible addition to next month’s agenda)

Cllr French asked if anyone had heard the result of the speed check that was being organised by DNP. The Clerk was asked to email Peter Harper for information. ACTION Clerk

Cllr Phipps said she had written to the Head Teacher of The Dunsford Academy about cars speeding through the Village at the beginning and end of the school day. The school is to put a note to all parents in the Parish Magazine.

There was a general discussion on speeding and ways of traffic calming.

Cllr Peake raised the need for a loading bay for delivery vehicles for the Local Shop. The Council agreed it was a good idea but was unenforceable and may also cause parking problems for customers at other times.

It was reported that Butt’s Pond is overgrown and needs clearing. This was one of the jobs of the Lengthsman.  The Clerk was asked to contact Highways.                          ACTION Clerk

       17.  Date of next meeting     Tuesday July 3rd, 2018

There being no other business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 10 15 pm

Signed           Lynne Ogden            Clerk to Dunsford Parish Council    June  2018

 

Email circulation during the past month

  • Weekly News Digests Rural Services Network
  • Teignbridge District Council weekly list of applications for planning
  • Rural Spotlight on Health and Social Care
  • DALC newsletter
  • Letter from Neil Aggett re amendment to Data Protection Bill
  • DNP Greater Horseshoe Bat Consultation Planning Document
  • Comments on Clay Pigeon Shoot on Village
  • Devon Works Hub grant funding
  • Local Plan Review Consultation 21/5/18 to 16/7/17
  • Talc re GDPR (clerk opted in for emails)
  • VOYC Admin re Youth Club Meeting
  • Letter from Parish Plan sub group Connectivity- Suzanne Cosgrave
  • National Rural Crime Survey
  • Rural Vulnerability Service- Fuel Poverty
  • Invitation to Rural Conference 2018
  • Raising of the Armed Forces Flag Invitation