Council meeting minutes
The Minutes and Agendas of previous meetings are available to download using the links provided below. The latest sets of minutes are available at the bottom of this page.
Apologies for the obscure download links.
|Annual Report (May)||https://goo.gl/mfDrZU|
|Annual Meeting (May)
|Chairman's Report (May)||https://goo.gl/1umjFY|
|Annual Meeting (May)
|Chairman's Report (May)||https://goo.gl/xdmPa1|
DUNSFORD PARISH COUNCIL
DRAFT Minutes of meeting Held on Tuesday 5th March 2019
Present: J Saunders (Chairman), P French (Vice Chairman), K Morris, P Hayes, C Heard, P Gray, County Cllr J Brook, Pete Rich (Dartmoor NP Ranger), Peter Harper (local rep. for DNP) and the Clerk, Lynne Ogden.
1. Apologies- G Dicker, C Radclyffe and D Matthews
2. Declaration of Interest Register of Interests:
3. Minutes The minutes of the February 2019 meeting had been distributed, were approved and signed
4. Progress reports
4.1 Action Points from last meeting- All action points have been addressed.
4.2 Clerk’s report – had been sent to all councillors.
4.3 Bus Survey – the Clerk has spoken with Suzanne Cosgrave to clarify outstanding actions. Suzanne referred the Council to the actions listed in the meeting she had with John Richardson- Dawes. The Clerk will send the minutes of this meeting to all Councillors for due consideration. Action Clerk
4.4 Parish Council Policies - The Council agreed to adopt the following: -
a) Freedom of Information Policy and b) Disciplinary Procedure and Grievance Policy
4.5 Village signage – The Council would like the following signs: -
a) By the Baptist Church layby - ‘Turning Circle – Please keep clear’
b) By Briton Street ‘T’ junction, x2, on each side of road – ‘Bad Access – Ignore Sat Nav’
4.6 Village Noticeboards update – ongoing; nothing more to report at present.
5. Correspondence: - List of correspondence sent by email to Cllrs listed overleaf.
6. Finance: -
Income - Devon CC grant- £608 and Teignbridge grant- £608 Total £1216
6.1.C/A £9093.35 as at 13/02/19 BBI/A £1823.85 as at 09/01/19
Invoices to be paid: -
6.2 Clerk’s Salary – 4 weeks x 10 hours a week - Gross pay £392.32
Net pay to Clerk £313.92 (Tax owing to HMRC £78.40 to be paid) + expenses of £36.99 Total to Clerk - £350.91 chq 1289
6.3 DALC for Good Cllrs Guides – invoice not rec’d so put forward to April meeting.
6.4 HMRC quarterly tax payment (for January, February and March) - £254.80 chq1290
6.5 Internal Audit – The Council agreed to Penny Clapham being the Internal Auditor
6.6 Bank Forms to be signed by Council for acceptance of new signatory -completed
7.Village Green Report – Cllr Morris reported that she has had a quote from Wickstead’s for the new swing, is having a meeting with them on 21st March and is now in a position to apply for a grant for this. She will apply to Cllr Brook (locality budget) at the beginning of the next financial year. She also reported that the broken bench had been removed, as have the logs from the conifers being cut down. The benches are still being moved around so it is important that they are pinned to the ground when all other work has been completed. The signs on the recycling bins need addressing to encourage people to recycle their rubbish – Cllr Morris will do this. Action Cllr Morris
8.DNPA, District and County Councillors’ reports: -
8.1 Pete Rich introduced himself to the new Councillors and reported that he is now full time with a patch from Whiddon Down to Bovey Tracey. He is organising work to be done on the stepping stones by the Mill house and will be getting them closed, officially, for the works to take place. The contractors have already been to assess them and work can only begin when the water levels go down.
8.2 Peter Harper also introduced himself to the new Councillors. A discussion took place about the new tracks that have been made in Bridford Woods by the national Trust. There are concerns that these will be used by 4x4 vehicles which will endanger walkers and riders in the woods. The following email was given for sending any comments about this: - firstname.lastname@example.org He also reported that the County Speed Partnership has said that there are not enough accidents in Dunsford to warrant having a speed test.
8.3 County Cllr Jerry Brook reported that a realistic budget had been voted through at the recent budget meeting. Thirteen and a half million pounds have had to be saved this year. He said that there was one contentious proposal which was that Devon County Council has agreed to be carbon neutral by 2030. He also said that the Formula grant is being phased out and is being replaced by business rates. He is pleased that money has been secured for drainage works; six and a half million will go a long way to sort out surface water sitting on the roads. This will result in Devon taking on a number of new employees
9. Planning: - Applications 9.1 1 DNPA 0089/19 Clifford Barton, Drewsteignton – change of use of barn to accommodation for use ancillary to a wedding venue.
The Council agreed that no visit was necessary as they had visited before and that the Clerk should register ‘no comment’. Action Clerk
Decisions – 9.2 None
10. Footpaths- Cllr Hayes reported that she has checked all the listed footpaths. The gate at the top of Reedy Hill is very difficult to use and some of the paths are very muddy at this time of year. Cllr Brook said that there is funding allocation for footpaths to look at ones with difficult access. The clerk will investigate this. It was requested that Cllr Hayes submits her findings to the Public Rights of Way Officer on the DNPA website. It would be helpful to have an up to date map with the paths marked. Christow have a good example on their website. The footpaths file was returned to the Clerk. Action Cllr Hayes and Clerk
11. Housing Survey – A discussion on the method of delivery was discussed. The survey will be delivered to Dunsford Stores and Councillors will pick up a batch from Cllr Morris to deliver. The deadline for delivery is weekend 23rd March and the deadline for submitting the survey is 19th April. The Village Hall dressing room has been booked 9.30 to 10.30 for the 6th April so Councillors can give support in completing the survey. The Clerk will advertise this.
12. Parish Website – The Council discussed the suggested websites and decided they would like one similar to Christow’s. They would like to use www.dunsfordvillage.co.uk as the website address.
13. Training/Meetings attended by Cllrs
Attended - The Clerk attended the DALC ‘Prep. For Elections course on 26/02/19 Cost £30 + VAT.
Cllr French - The sub Committee held a meeting re the Parish Plan. Cllr French reported that minutes had been written and circulated to the subcommittee members. He requested that this be an item for next month’s agenda. Peter Harper reported that once a Parish Plan is adopted by the Council, there is a grant of £10 000 to help go forward and suggested that the Council should be ambitious in its plans as they can then be addressed in future funding processes. Action Clerk and Cllr French
Cllr Heard – attended the Suicide Intervention Safe Talk training. This qualifies her as a Suicide Alerter in the community. The next is a 2- day course called ASIST. The date and funding support has to be clarified for this.
13.1 - The Clerk distributed the Election nomination packs to those Cllrs present and reminded them that they must be delivered in person by 3rd April at the latest.
14.Review of Contracts
14.1 Review of Clerk’s contract + pay scale – The Council discussed this and decided that, as the Clerk had attended several training sessions and now had a year’s experience, they would raise the pay scale to SCP9 on the NALC Scale as from 01/04/19. The contract is to be amended accordingly and reviewed annually. Action Clerk
14.2 Village Green Maintenance – update of Contract. The Council discussed this and suggested alterations. The Clerk will rewrite the contract and present to the next meeting. Action Clerk
15. Snow Warden Scheme – The Council are keen to discuss this at a future agenda. The Clerk will add it to the Parish magazine report and the councillors will raise it at the Three Parises meeting in June. Action Clerk and Councillors
16. Matters brought forward by the Chairman (for information only /possible addition to next month’s agenda)
Cllr French requested that the Reused Credit Scheme (Email from Ian Stevens) and Emergency Planning (email Martin Rich) be put on the April agenda.
17. Date of next meeting Tuesday April 2nd 2019 at the Village Hall Dressing Rooms, Dunsford, at 7.45 pm
There being no other business, the chairman closed the meeting at 10.20 pm
Signed as a true record…….………………………………………………… Cllr J Saunders (Chairman)
Email circulation during the past month
- Weekly News Digests Rural Services Network
- Teignbridge District Council weekly list of applications for planning
- Devon Communities Together Newsletter
- RSN Rural Funding Digest
- Playsafety notification of inspection
- Devon Community Learning Courses
- Devon Countryside Access Forum
- Mayor of Dawlish, Civic Evening Invitation
- Housing Need Survey info.
- TALC agenda
- Elections info.
- Invitation to the Licensing of Rev’d Ruth Frampton
- Snow Warden update info.