Council meeting minutes
The Minutes and Agendas of previous meetings are available to download using the links provided below. The latest sets of minutes are available at the bottom of this page.
Apologies for the obscure download links.
|Annual Meeting (May)|
|Annual Report (May)||http://bit.ly/2K7caG9||https://goo.gl/mfDrZU|
|Annual Meeting (May)
|Chairman's Report (May)||https://goo.gl/1umjFY|
|Annual Meeting (May)
|Chairman's Report (May)||https://goo.gl/xdmPa1|
DUNSFORD PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of meeting Held on Tuesday 14th May 2019
Present: J Saunders, Paul French, K Morris, P Hayes, C Heard, C Radclyffe,D Matthews, A Smallridge, D Gardner, the Clerk Lynne Ogden and one member of the public.
All Councillors present completed The Declaration of acceptance of office, witnessed by the Clerk, prior to the start of the meeting.
Cllr John Saunders, as outgoing Chairman, welcomed everyone to the meeting.
1. Election of Chairman
a) Cllr Saunders invited nominations for the post of Chairman - Cllr French was nominated by Cllr Smallridge and seconded by Cllr Hayes.
Cllr Morris was nominated by Cllr French and seconded by Cllr Radclyffe.
A paper ballot was taken and the result was Cllr French 5 and Cllr Morris 3.
b) Cllr French was declared Chairman and signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office
2. Election of Vice Chairman
c) Cllr Saunders invited nominations for the post of Vice Chairman – Cllr Morris was nominated by Cllr Hayes and seconded by Cllr Radclyffe
d) Cllr Morris was declared as Vice Chairman and signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office
John Saunders vacated the chair and sat as a member of the public. Cllr French took the chair and thanked the councillors for their support.
3. Register of Interests- Forms were distributed for completion and return to the Clerk by the next meeting at the latest. Action Cllrs
4. Appointment/conformation of signatories for cheque payments. The Clerk explained that she would collect the appropriate forms from the bank ready to be given to new signatories at the next meeting. At present, the Council has six councillors able to act as signatories. Action Clerk
5. Cllrs were appointed or re-appointed to appropriate committees as follows: -
Parish Plan sub committees (x3) - Cllr French will oversee the project as a whole with: -
Cllrs Radclyffe and Morris leading Housing and Infrastructure
Cllrs Hayes and Matthews leading Recreation and Environment
Suzanne Cosgrave has been leading Community Services and Connectivity but will be leaving the area, shortly, so needs to be replaced by a councillor.
Village Green – Cllr Morris
Village Hall – Cllr Heard
Finance – Cllrs Radclyffe and Matthews with the Clerk
Parish Website – Cllrs Radclyffe and Morris with the Clerk
Planning, Emergency Plans and snow warden - To be decided
Commencement of the Council Meeting
The Chairman asked the member of the public present if he would like to ask a question. He said ‘ No but I want to wish all the Council well and may all your decisions be good ones’
6. Apologies- H Phipps
7. Declaration of Interest - None
8. Minutes The minutes of the April 2019 meeting had been distributed, were approved and signed
9. Progress reports
9.1 Action Points from last meeting- All action points have been addressed.
9.2 Clerk’s report – had been sent to all councillors; additions were noted
9.3 Bus Survey – Cllrs French and Morris agreed to do the walk around the village with Mark Phillips. Cllr French will write to Mark Phillips. Information will be put into the Parish Magazine in the future. Action Cllrs Morris and French
9.4 Housing Survey – Janice Alexander had sent an email saying that there was a 32 % return for the survey, which is considered good. The number of households in need is 10 at present. She is still awaiting responses from 2 other households who are on the register.
10. Insurance quotes for the Council were discussed. The Council instructed the Clerk to accept the quotation from Norris and Fisher for a three year commitment. Action Clerk
11. A tender for the Maintenance of the Village Green by Graham Dicker had been received. It was accepted by the Council and the Clerk will issue the contract to be signed. Action Clerk
12. Correspondence: - List of correspondence sent by email to Cllrs listed overleaf.
13. Finance: -
13.1 Income – Precept minus Dalc membership - £4322.52
13.2 C/A £8115.73 as at 17/04/19 BBI/A £1824.00 as at 11/03/19
Invoices to be paid: -
13.3 Clerk’s Salary (6 week at new rate and scale) + expenses- Gross pay -£634.20 Net pay to Clerk £507.40 (Tax £126.80) + expenses of £42.49
Total to Clerk - £549.89 chq 1293
13.4 TDC dog bin emptying (up to March 19) - £156.26 chq 1294
13.5 DALC Training and booklets - £42.98 chq 1295
13.6 G. Dicker for Village Green Maintenance – £237.60 chq 1296
13.7 Village Hall Management Committee – Room hire - £31.50 chq 1297
13.8 Bank Reconciliation to March 2019 was signed by the Chairman and RFO
14. Annual Parish Meeting 21/05/19 – Hot and cold beverages and cake were donated by Cllrs Morris, Phipps and the Clerk . The Clerk was instructed to buy some wine and savoury snacks. If able to, Councillors were asked to arrive at 7 pm to organise the room and prepare for the meeting.
15. Planning: - Applications 15.1 None Decisions 15.2 DNPA 0088/19 Grant of conditional planning permission to Clifford Barton, Drewsteignton – change of use of barn 15.3 DNPA 0089/19 Grant of Listed Building consent to Clifford Barton, Drewsteignton – painting of roof, installation of concrete floor and wood burner flue.
16. Matters brought forward by the Chairman (for information only/possible addition to next month’s agenda)
Cllr Morris reported that she was part way throught the process of applying to Viridor for a grant of £37000 to fund gym equipment for older children and young adults in the Village Green. She also said that a latch and return had been donated and fitted on the gate.
The council asked the Clerk to prepare letters of thanks to those councillors not returning this year and to research a gift for the previous chairman. Action Clerk
The rural aid grant was discussed and Cllr Morris will look at using it to match fund with Viridor. Action Cllr Morris
There was concern with the state of Lea Lane, especially as it is a bus route. The gulley is blocked and it needs patching and a deep clean. Action Clerk
Information on pay phones was discussed./ Information on TALC was given.
Cllr French had notes on the roles and responsibilities of the council members. He asked the Clerk to send out to all councillors. Action Clerk
The missing advisory speed limit on the B3212 was discussed and the possibility of asking County Cllr Brook to fund a new one as he had funded the original, not Highways.
17. Date of next meeting Tuesday June 4th 2019 at the Village Hall Dressing Rooms, Dunsford, at 7.45 pm
There being no other business, the chairman closed the meeting at 9.30 pm
Signed as a true record…….………………………………………………… Cllr P French (Chairman)
Email circulation during the past month
- Weekly News Digests Rural Services Network
- Teignbridge District Council weekly list of applications for planning
- Election info. including spending returns
- Rural Bulletin
- Rural Aid Grant Fund 2019
- Village Hall Grant Fund info
- Nomination and Election info for DNPA + reminders
- DALC newsletter
- Road closure notice re Court Cottage
- Neighbourhood Planning Courses +Rural Futures Conference
- Landlord open evening info.
- Communities Together Fund – info on closure
- DNPA letter re Councils commenting on Planning Applications
- Local Plan review newsletter