Council meeting minutes
The Minutes and Agendas of previous meetings are available to download using the links provided below. The latest sets of minutes are available at the bottom of this page.
Apologies for the obscure download links.
|Annual Report (May)||https://goo.gl/mfDrZU|
|Annual Meeting (May)
|Chairman's Report (May)||https://goo.gl/1umjFY|
|Annual Meeting (May)
|Chairman's Report (May)||https://goo.gl/xdmPa1|
DUNSFORD PARISH COUNCIL
DRAFT Minutes of meeting Held on Tuesday 8th January 2019
Present: J Saunders (Chairman), P French (Vice Chairman), G Dicker, P Hayes, C Heard, C Radclyffe, P Gray, County Cllr J Brook and the Clerk, Lynne Ogden.
- 1. Apologies- Cllr Morris
- 2. Declaration of Interest Register of Interests: None
- 3. Minutes The minutes of the December 2018 meeting had been distributed, were approved and signed
- 4. Progress reports
4.1 Action Points from last meeting- All action points have been addressed but the following are ongoing- a) Contact with Wickstead re new swing for VG - Cllr Morris, b) application for monies from County Cllr Brook – Cllr Morris c) Butt’s Pond Rock + d) Updating Noticeboards and signage -Clerk Action Cllr Morris and Clerk
4.2 Clerk’s report – had been sent to all councillors. Additions were added in writing.
4.3 Bus Survey – Cllrs French and Morris organised, at very short notice, a minibus trip into Exeter for late night shopping and the Christmas lights. A lot of people showed interest but not all those turned up on the night. However, those that did, enjoyed it and it did indicate that it might be viable activity, next Christmas, given more time to organise things and that deposits should be taken beforehand. There are still outstanding actions from the survey. Some of these need to be addressed when the new Tender is awarded in March. The Clerk will liaise with Suzanne Cosgrave about those that can be addressed and put on next month’s agenda.
4.4 Butts Pond –The Clerk updated the Council. They decided to see if funding for a suitable boulder can be obtained during the year. So, put on hold. Action Clerk
4.5 Village signage -The Clerk is collecting information. Ongoing. Action Clerk
4.6 Village Noticeboards update- the Clerk is liaising with the Church re the combined noticeboard and is applying for grants from the CTF and DCC. Action Clerk
- 5. Correspondence: - List of correspondence sent by email to Cllrs listed overleaf. Also, hard copy addition to Dartmoor Local Plan received.
- 6. Finance: -
6.1.C/A £8945.76 as at 24/12/18 BBI/A £1823.70 as at 09/11/18
Invoices to be paid: -
6.2 Clerk’s Salary – 5 weeks x 10 hours a week - Gross pay £490.40
Net pay to Clerk £392.40 (Tax owing to HMRC £98 to be c/f) + expenses of £36.99 Total to Clerk - £429.39 chq 1285
6.3 DALC for new Cllrs course (Cllrs Heard and Hayes) - £ 60 chq1286
6.4 The Walled Garden for Room hire 08/01/19 - £10 chq 1287
6.5 Budget and Precept for 2019/2020 – The Clerk presented the updated figures and the Council agreed that the precept should be £9000 for the coming year.
7.Village Green Report – There was no formal report, but Cllr French said he had visited, and it all looked in order. However, he does think a high net is needed at the back of the goal post to stop the balls going over into next door’s garden.
8.DNPA, District and County Councillors’ reports: - County Cllr Brook said he had nothing to report but was happy to take questions. From information on item 4.6, he said he would be willing to support the application to CTF and would match these funds for the new noticeboards for the Village.
9. Planning: - Applications 9.1 None
Decisions – 9.2 The Old Vicarage, Dunsford DNPA 0621/18 - Erection of stable block, hay and feed store, ark and agricultural track. Grant of Conditional Planning Permission
9.3 The Hazels Dunsford DNPA 0567/18 Grant of Conditional Planning Permission and reduction in size.
10. Footpaths- The Council looked at the old map and instructions depicting the footpaths and bridle paths in the area. Cllr Gray offered to oversee the scanning of the map to make it more user friendly and to preserve the original. The Council will fund this. Footpaths will then be re- allocated. Action Cllr Gray
11. CTF Fund – The Clerk reported that application for this was in hand. See item 4.6
12. Parish Website – continuing discussion. Looking likely to use a local IT firm to set up the new website. Action Cllr Radclyffe, All Cllrs and Clerk
13. Training/Meetings attended by Cllrs
5/12/18 -NPF - attended by Cllrs French and Radclyffe. From this it was decided that the Council do not need to submit any comments by 4/2/19 but that it is down to individuals to comment. It was felt that the new settlement boundary encourages smaller settlements rather than large developments.
7/12/18 - Suicide Intervention Briefing attended by Cllr Heard. She shared a folder of contacts and information with the Council and feels that this needs to be available for people to look at. She was impressed with the initial meeting and thinks it would be useful to attend future training. This should not need to be funded by the Council. The Council agreed for her to attend any training offered.
14. Update of Council Policies. The Clerk had amended the Risk Assessment and Privacy statement as suggested. The Council agreed to formally adopt both. Action Clerk
15. Casual Vacancy Matters -These were discussed by the Council and they agreed to offer the post to Duncan Matthews. The Clerk will contact him. Action Clerk
16. Matters brought forward by the Chairman (for information only/possible addition to next month’s agenda)
There has been a request to alter the location of a grit bin in a layby on Old Crediton Road. The Clerk will discuss with Highways.
There has been a complaint about trailers that have been placed at the beginning of the Village. The Council said they are on private land and are not classed as permanent structures.
It was mentioned that fireworks on New Years Eve were a problem for some parishioners.
Queries were raised about parts of the letter/form templates for the Housing Survey. The Clerk will liaise with Janice Alexander.
The different format for the Annual Parish Meeting needs to be discussed. The Clerk will research this and update the Council at the next meeting.
Nominations for the Royal Garden Party. It was agreed to put Cllr Morris forward.
It was noted that the Clerk’s probationary period has not been formally ended and should be put on February’s agenda.
There being no other business, the chairman closed the meeting at 9.15 pm
Signed as a true record…….………………………………………………… Cllr J Saunders (Chairman)
Email circulation during the past month
- Weekly News Digests Rural Services Network
- Teignbridge District Council weekly list of applications for planning
- DALC newsletter
- A30 Roadworks info
- Devon Communities Together Newsletter
- TDC Budget Survey
- Advance notification of cycle event
- Devon Highways update
- Forward Planning notices
- Casual Vacancy Matters