Council meeting minutes
The Minutes and Agendas of previous meetings are available to download using the links provided below. The latest sets of minutes are available at the bottom of this page.
Apologies for the obscure download links.
|Annual Report (May)||https://goo.gl/mfDrZU|
|Annual Meeting (May)
|Chairman's Report (May)||https://goo.gl/1umjFY|
|Annual Meeting (May)
|Chairman's Report (May)||https://goo.gl/xdmPa1|
DUNSFORD PARISH COUNCIL
DRAFT Minutes of meeting Held on Tuesday 6th November 2018
Present: J Saunders (Chairman), P French (Vice Chairman), G Dicker, P Hayes, C Heard, K Morris, C Radclyffe, P Gray and the Clerk, Lynne Ogden.
- 1. Apologies- None received
1.1 A letter of Resignation was received from Cllr Phipps. (Casual Vacancy notice posted 19/10 to 07/11) The Council want to thank her for all the work she has done for the Village.
- 2. Declaration of Interest Register of Interests:
2.1 Formal Declaration of acceptance of office by new Councillor-
The new councillor, Paul Gray, signed the appropriate paperwork.
- 3. Minutes The minutes of the October 2018 meeting had been distributed, were approved and signed
- 4. Progress reports
4.1 Action Points from last meeting- All action points, apart from one, had been completed and the Clerk updated the Councillors. Outstanding action point-The Finance sheet from September is to be sent to all Councillors.
4.2 Clerk’s report – had been sent to all councillors
4.3 Dog bin at Steps Bridge. Update of usage. It was decided that the emptying of the bin could be changed to fortnightly for the Winter months. Action Clerk
4.4 359 Bus Survey- The Clerk updated the Council and presented a letter, re a trial Christmas service, to be signed by the Chairman on behalf of the Council. Information from the Survey has been shared with Moretonhampstead Council.
Concerns about the re routing of the 359 have been received from G. Purton.
- 5. Correspondence: - List of correspondence sent by email to Cllrs listed overleaf.
- 6. Finance: - Income - Second half of precept received - £4,500
6.1.C/A £11,109.47 as at 16/10/18 BBI/A £1823.55 as at 10/9/18
6.2 Bank forms were completed and checked to update the signatories on the Treasurer’s bank account.
Invoices to be paid: - 6.3 Clerk’s Salary – 5 weeks x 10 hours a week - Gross pay £490.40
Net pay to Clerk £392.40 (Tax owing to HMRC £98 To be c/f and paid quarterly) + expenses of £54.09 Total to Clerk - £446.49 chq 1275
6.4 Jaydee Living Ltd - VG recycling bin- £185.94 chq 1276
6.5 Dunsford VH Man. Committee, room hire July – Nov incl. - £35.00 chq1277
6.6 Budget and Precept 2019-2020 The preferred layout of the budget by the Council was discussed and queries from the Clerk were answered.
7.Village Green Report Cllr Morris reported that there was no official report this month due to the bad weather and dark nights, but Cllr Dicker said he had cut the grass and hedges. The roller in the play area still squeaks despite efforts to stop it. Cllr Morris is waiting for Wickstead to get back to her about a new swing. The Clerk offered to chase this up. Cllr Dicker also enquired if we had heard from Hi-Line re the tree cutting. We have not, and the Clerk will contact them. Action Clerk and Cllr Morris
8.DNPA, District and County Councillors’ reports- County Cllr Jerry Brooke reported that he had missed the last County Council meeting due to being on holiday but reminded us that, prior to that, the budget was running smoothly apart from the pressure on Young People’s Services. He has driven around some of the road network and reported that, mainly, Highways has had a good season with road repairs. The Council explained the situation with the B3212 from Reedy to Farrant’s Cross and the bus being re routed due to the road surface. Cllr Brooke asked to be emailed with the details. He also reminded the Council that he did have a budget that we could claim from. Cllr Morris showed an interest in this. Action Clerk and Cllr Morris
9. Planning: - Applications 9.1 Zeal Farm Teignbridge 18/02050/NPA- Conversion of barn to dwelling
9.2 Clifford Barton, Drewsteignton DNPA 0541/18 - Cladding of barn
9.3 The Hazels, Dunsford DNPA 0567/18 – Extension
The Council had no objection to any of the above
Decisions - 9.4 The Annexe, Old Cawte Farm Dunsford DNPA 0493/18 Grant of Conditional Planning Permission
The Council queried whether there were any expectations of the Parish Council when sent planning applications for permitted development. Also, it was felt that the different types of boundaries needed to be clarified. Action Clerk
10. Training/Meetings It was agreed that Cllrs French and Radclyffe would attend the following: -
23/11/18 at 2 pm – NP Forum Meeting in the Meeting Room, Parke, Bovey Tracey
05/12/18 at 2 pm-4pm – Parish Council workshop on Local Plan & Development Management in the Meeting Room, Parke Bovey Tracey
It was agreed that Cllr Heard would attend: - 07/12/18 10.30 to 12.00 – Suicide Intervention Briefing in the TDC Council Chamber
Training attended The Clerk attended the DALC AGM and DALC’s Budget and Precept Course
16/11/18 at 10.00 – 1.30 pm Neighbourhood Planning at Devon Communities Together, Marsh Barton Cost £54.49 It was agreed that Cllr French could attend. Cllr Radclyffe also showed an interest but, due to the cost, only one person would attend this time.
29/11/18- at 6.30 to 9 pm New Councillors Course Exeter Court Hotel Cost £30 pp - Cllrs Heard and Hayes are booked on this.
11. Engraving of rock at Butt’s Pond – The Council discussed this and would like more details. The Clerk will contact Hannah Phipps to discuss. Action - Clerk
12. Update of Council Policies – The Clerk updated the Cllrs and it was agreed that the Risk Assessment and the Privacy statement be sent to Cllrs to consider for adopting at the December meeting. Action - Clerk
13. Communities Together Fund (CTF) Formally the Elector Fund -£608 is available to Dunsford to claimed by 16th January 2019. The Council were asked to think of projects that could be considered when applying for this grant. Action - All Cllrs
14. Matters brought forward by the Chairman The following was noted: -
There had been a meeting in the Church re the provision of a youth club. Cllr French had attended. Susy Ursell was coordinator. The YMCA is also involved.
The Parish Plan sub group would like to meet with the National Park. The Council agreed it could.
At Farrant’s Cross, the line of site of the bridge is being obscured by the lower branches of a fir tree. Is it possible to approach the owner to see if those branches can be removed?
Cllr Radclyffe would like the Council to discuss a new Parish Website. We do have funding for this and need to explore possibilities. To go on December’s agenda.
The problem of dog mess is arising again, generally in the village. Mention in Parish Mag.
Highways has not completed works outside the Village Hall. The Clerk will chase and, also, inform Highways that a cottage is being thatched and the road will be closed for this. Could both be done at the same time?
There being no other business, the chairman closed the meeting at 9.30 pm
Signed as a true record…….………………………………………………… Cllr J Saunders (Chairman)
Email circulation during the past month
- Weekly News Digests Rural Services Network
- Teignbridge District Council weekly list of applications for planning
- National Park Forum Meeting info 23/11/18
- Neighbourhood Planning Courses
- DALC newsletter
- Chapter 8 training for Road Warden Scheme info
- Online Crowd Funding Training information
- AGM Devon Communities Together
- Remote DPO info (Clerk to update in her report)
- Housing Stakeholder Event 16/11/18
- Recycle Devon Thank you Awards
- Citizen Advice Training Courses
- DNPA Local Plan Workshop and publicity
- Devon Local Flood Risk Management Strategy Update