DUNSFORD PARISH COUNCIL
To download the previous Agenda or Minutes please go to the Dunsford Parish Council Minutes page: http://www.dunsford-village.org.uk/parish-council/council-meeting-
DUNSFORD PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk to the Council: Lynne Ogden, Moorview, EX67SB. 01392 811236
To all members of Dunsford Parish Council September 2018
You are summonsed to attend a meeting of the Parish Council at the Village Hall Dressing Rooms, Dunsford, on Tuesday 4 th September 2018 at 7.45 pm
Democratic / Public Question Time: From 7.45 pm residents are invited to give their views and question the Parish Council on issues on this agenda or raise issues for future
consideration at the discretion of the Chairman, before the start of the Parish Council meeting. Members of the public may not take part in the Parish Council meeting itself.
The Council has invited Janice Alexander to speak before the meeting. She is a Rural Housing Enabler based at Devon Communities Together. She works to help provide
affordable housing, for local people, in rural areas.
1. Apologies To receive apologies and to approve reasons for absence.
2. Declaration of Interest Register of Interests:
a. Councillors are reminded of the need to update their register of interests.
b. To declare any personal interests in items on the agenda and their nature.
c. To declare any prejudicial interests in items on the agenda and their nature (Councillors with prejudicial interests must leave the room for the relevant items).
2.1 Formal Declaration of acceptance or office by new Councillor- Claire Heard
3. Minutes of the meeting held on August 7th, 2018 to consider the approval of the minutes of the last meeting of the Council
4. Progress reports
4.1 Action Points from last meeting- to update the Council note those not completed
4.2 Clerk’s report – as attached
4.3 Bus Route 359- email sent Cllr Phipps from S. Cosrave (from July 4.3)
4.4 Dog bin at Steps Bridge. Update of usage (Cllrs) and Clerk’s feedback on
Teignbridge response. To consider rates of emptying for Autumn + Winter.
4.5 Highways response re sinking hole by the Village hall
5. Correspondence: - List of correspondence received by email listed overleaf
6.1 C/A £8256.07 as at 20/7/18 BBI/A £1823.39 as at 9/7/18
Invoices to be paid: -
6.2 Clerk’s Salary - 4 weeks x 10 hours a week - Gross pay £392.32
Net pay to Clerk £313.92 (Tax owing to HMRC £78.40 To be included in payment for this quarter) + expenses £83.88 Total to Clerk - £397.80
6.3 HMRC quarterly tax payment (for July August and September)- £260
7.Village Green Report (Cllr Morris)
7.1 Review of items 4.2 and 9 in July’s meeting
7.2 ROSPA report- To consider any actions needed from Report
8.DNPA, District and County Councillors’ reports
8.1 Amanda Ford wishes to know if the Council would like Matt Barrow from Connecting Devon & Somerset to attend a meeting. (Cllr French to contact after meeting)
9. Planning: -
Applications 9.1 Bigport Farm DNPA 0337/18 Amended plans. For Info only.
9.2 Old Cawte Farm DNPA 0445/15 Conversion of existing w/shop to residential annexe and construction of new w/shop and 0425/18 Alterations in roof light
and window. The Council made a site visit and had no objection to either of the above.
Decisions 9.3 None received
10. Standing Orders for DPC- Preliminary discussion on new Draft Policy presented by Clerk with a view to adopting asap at a future meeting.
New Cllrs Short Course- 29/11 6.30 to 9 pm Exeter Court Hotel £25 +VAT
Asset Based Community Development and Social Action -13/11/18 £25
DALC AGM + Conference + Exhibition 3/10 10am to 4 pm Exeter Race Course £25 pp
Neighbourhood Plans- Looking beyond Allocating sites for Housing -20/9/18 9.30 – 13.30 Sampford Peverell
Planning 1/11/18 6.30 to 9 pm Exeter Court Hotel £30 + VAT
12. Blocked Drains (Cllr Hayes) To discuss the problem and consider action to be taken.
13. Matters brought forward by the Chairman (for information only /possible addition to next month’s agenda)
14. Date of next meeting Tuesday October 2nd, 2018
Signed Lynne Ogden Clerk to Dunsford Parish Council August 30th,2018
Email circulation during the past month
- Weekly News Digests Rural Services Network
- Teignbridge District Council weekly list of applications for planning
- Public Consultation on the Draft NA3 Wolborough Development Framework
- Dartmoor Devil Cycle ride info 28 th October 18
- ROSPA report
- Devon Food Waste Conference details (also posted on PC n/board)
- Asset Based Community Development Training for Town & Parish Clerks
- Standing Orders- work in progress; to consider for discussion at September meeting