DUNSFORD PARISH COUNCIL
To download the previous Agenda or Minutes please go to the Dunsford Parish Council Minutes page: http://www.dunsford-village.org.uk/parish-council/council-meeting-
DUNSFORD PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk to the Council: Lynne Ogden, Moorview, EX67SB. 01392 811236 firstname.lastname@example.org
To all members of Dunsford Parish Council August 2019
You are summonsed to attend a meeting of the Parish Council at the Village hall Dressing Rooms on Tuesday 6th August 2019 at 7.45 pm
Democratic / Public Question Time: From 7.45 pm residents are invited to give their views and question the Parish Council on issues on this agenda or raise issues for future consideration at the discretion of the Chairman, before the start of the Parish Council meeting. Members of the public may not take part in the Parish Council meeting itself.
1. Apologies To receive apologies and to approve reasons for absence.
2. Declaration of Interest Register of Interests:
a. Councillors are reminded of the need to update their register of interests.
b. To declare any personal interests in items on the agenda and their nature.
c. To declare any prejudicial interests in items on the agenda and their nature (Councillors with prejudicial interests must leave the room for the relevant items)
3. Minutes of the meeting held on July 2nd, 2019 – to consider the approval of the minutes of the last meeting of the Council and Chairman to sign
4. Progress reports
4.1 Action Points from last meeting- to update the Council & note those not completed
4.2 Clerk’s report – as attached
4.3 Bus Survey-( Cllrs French + Morris) – update from meeting with M. Phillips 5/7/19
4.4 Village signage- Clerk to report back on meeting with Jamie from SJB signs and Council to consider putting on a future agenda for approval.
4.5 Village noticeboards – Clerk will present quotes received and any other updates
4.6 Broadband – survey results are on the website. Cllrs to consider any other actions.
4.7 A Dunsford Book –Cllr Hayes to update the Council on information received
5. Correspondence: - List of correspondence received by email listed overleaf
6. Finance 6.1.C/A £10,376.65 as at 20/06/19 BBI/A £1824.23 as at 10/06/19
To resolve to pay the following invoices: -
6.2 Clerk’s Salary – 5weeks x 10 hours a week - Gross pay £528.50 Net pay to Clerk £422.90 (Tax to HMRC £105.60to be c/f) + expenses of £36.99 Total to Clerk - £459.89
6.3 Society of Local Council Clerks for Annual Membership and joining fee - £114
6.4 Graham Dicker for Village Green maintenance April – July (4x£88.33)- £353.32
6.5 Vision ICT for Initial design and development of new website - £795
6.6 Viridor for 10% deposit to secure grant for VG – tbc (Cllr Radclyffe will speak on behalf of Cllr Morris)
7.Village Green Report (Cllr Morris not attending but will update Clerk with any issues)
8.DNPA, District and County Councillors’ reports
Applications 9.1 DNPA 0303/19 St Nicholas , Dunsford The construction of horse exercise area (45mx20m)
Decisions – 9.2 Teignbridge 19/00978/FUL Kelland Farm Dunsford – Single story side extension and two rear dormers. Granted conditional planning permission
10. Review of Dunsford Parish Council Policies (previously circulated) – The Council to suggest amendments or to accept the following (attached) policies: -
10.1 Expenses Policy
10.2 Media Policy
10.3 Equal Opportunities Policy
11. Housing Survey- The Council to discuss the results of the survey and plan for Janice Alexander’s visit in September. (attachment)
12. Removal of signs within the Village (Cllr French) – The Council to be informed of and to discuss comments received.
13. Snow warden Scheme (Cllr Heard) – The Council to consider implementing the role of Snow warden for Dunsford and, if approved, plan the way forward.
14. Issues within the Village – Vehicles (parking and speeding) and Street lighting - The Council to discuss and consider any actions appropriate for the Council to take.
15. Training/Meetings Attended by Council this month: –
04/07/19 Cllr Radclyffe attended the Climate Emergency meeting
05/07/19 Cllrs French and Morris had meeting with Mark Phillips from Country Bus re actions from Bus Survey (agenda item 4.3)
23/07/19 Cllr Radclyffe and Clerk had a meeting with Vision ICT re the Website
25/07/19 Clerk had a meeting with SJB Signs re future Village signage (item 4.4)
Training Available –
1. Planning Courses – All at Devon Rural Hub, Cheriton Bishop, September 11th and November 21st. (Cllrs Heard and Radclyffe booked on November 21st course)
2. Good Cllr evening courses 15/10/19 at Cheriton Bishop and 11/11/19 at Honiton
16. Matters brought forward by the Chairman (for information only /possible addition to next month’s agenda)
17. Date of next meeting Tuesday September 3rd 2019 at the Village Hall Dressing Rooms, Dunsford, at 7.45 pm (main item for discussion - Housing Survey with Janice Alexander)
Signed Lynne Ogden Clerk to Dunsford Parish Council 31st July,2019
Email circulation during the past month
- Teignbridge District Council weekly list of applications for planning
- Rural Bulletin
- Your Fire Service info emails
- Safer Together programme
- Viridor credits info
- Press release from Mike Jackson
- DNP films
- DALC news
- Teignbridge DC Residents satisfaction Survey
- Strong communities forum event
- Devon community Resilience forum
- Communication Wessex Resolutions CIC
- Road closure info